Dd8 27 the shop stuff is looking better... now everyone is only ½ angry with me for maqking such a mess..wellllll.. I cant l ist all the new hardware hidden in the massive collection... there is such a thing as A pile of household hardware nuts bolts make up about 90% of it but there will be a few galvanized bits I keep a collection of those probably a quart Mason jar full because you always are looking for a bigger screw for a smaller nail but so far in this project I have put aside 4 quarts of miscellaneous hardware bits which I intend to put on a table down by the street they're all perfectly good but I can't keep all of them things like the little clamp of a U bolt sort of thing fasten a cable into a loop something I have had to do around here many times but I don't think a normal household whatever you use one of those.
Then there is a fact that two of our buildings uh basically put together with cable turnbuckles Giving us an odd bucket of turnbuckles going through the odd collection is like a trip through time (?50 years?)as I Remember the 60 by 100 wooden arena which eventually collapsed.. And it collapsed for a very interesting reason it was basically on 6 by 6 posts every 10 feet but the problem was the roof did not overhang those posts on one side and therefore the rain dripped down inland on one side of the arena and that's what eventually collapsed it really was a matter of 1 inch if the roof had overhung those posts one inch I don't think it ever would have collapsed and then there's a bit about the steakhouse across the street... Before we moved in here there was a steakhouse across the street on the lake. They had some kind of fire --a big one leaving only one corner of the building standing -the owner tore down that corner and went to get his building permit and they would not give him a building permit whereas if he had left that corner he would have been going for a remodeling permit so he lost his liquor license and lost the restaurant remembering that when I tore down the arena I left one corner and that corner is still part of the arena now because I only had a remodeling permit and I had trouble with that--- I wanted to put up the arena as it now stands and the building inspector wanted me to use his friend and put up a wooden one and it was during that argument that the building inspector in front of most of the people in town hall stuck his finger out at me and said you're out of your league you're only a woman I had some strong words about that one... So now any dealing with the town hall Janine goes and she stays says very pleasant and gets along with everybody and I don't go near the place.
This is a very early morning daily doggy I woke up at 2:00 and I really should be doing a few other things
don't forget it is the end of the month AGAIN... and we survive on henny pennies !!
No comments:
Post a Comment