Sunday, July 26, 2026

DAILY DOGGIE - JUL 26, 2026 (by Carlene White)

Dd  7 26 It's so hard to listen to the news when you're not sure whether actual news or this AI bit or whatever or it's just plain political nonsense however I did S spend a little time listening to the disasters of the Antarctica ice cap and the fact that Oregon and California could just plain drop off the coast somehow.. There are places in the United states I would not choose to live in California is certainly one of them too much can happen to California to interrupt drinking water and air conditioning and then there's Louisiana where I'm supposed to look up do boats going by //not me... And then there's New York City where I thoroughly enjoy the Broadway shows and then turn around and get out of town as quick as possible Hawaii also I had trouble with I had trouble with Hawaii also I have trouble with because somehow to be on an island surrounded by saltwater. I have trouble finding drinking water and that would bother me. I worry about that. I worry about thatdrinking water and that would bother me I'd have trouble finding surrounded by saltwater because somehow to be on an island with I have trouble---I’ve spent a lot of my time dealing with water either too much or too little or frozen solid.

 

We had an interesting man here yesterday who was to fix the washing machine in the barn0 it is a commercial washer made by wasskematt.

 

And I have to say that Waka Matt know, however you spell it. I’ve been absolutely wonderful to deal with. They maintain a telephone service where you can check in with any problem and they’ll try and step you through fixing it by yourself only once before have we needed that washer repaired by somebody other than us=== and that was when the little tiny spring that’s the size of what’s in a ballpoint pen, which is responsible for judging the amount of water in the machine.  So yesterday, a young young kid really arrived and parked at the van. I was not in the barn immediately. It took a few minutes for me to get down there in my golf cart, but I got there and he was standing outside the barn. Generally looking lost.. I asked him if he had figured out what was wrong with the machine and he said there was supposed to be someone here tell me what's wrong with it so I blankly told him it didn't run right and then he got on the phone and basically said to whoever on the phone that there wasn't anybody here to tell him what was wrong with the machine.. And made some reference to old lady.. So having heard that I felt I had to respond in kind so I got on supposedly on my phone and sounded like I was talking to someone else and said no that nice old man who could fix the machine is not here and there's just  A kid who wants me to tell him what's wrong with the machine before he can fix it and I told him if I knew what was wrong with it we would not have called him.  With that jeanine came home and took over dealing with him and very shortly he pulled out something which looked about the size of a hot dog and in that there was a little spring the size of it ballpoint pen that apparently judges the quantity of water that's in the machine.  I forget what they charge for a house call but my only memory is that it was horrendous like $400.   The company that sold us the machine and does have this repair facility is from Burlington mass which is 30 or 40 miles away.  That is only our second problem with that machine and we've had it over 10 years ..it has LED a very hard life however it's back working

No comments:

Post a Comment