Friday, July 24, 2026

DAILY DOGGIE - JUL 24, 2026 (by Carlene White)


dd-7 24--  it turns out--- for the FYI of the  day of weird info... this slightly oversize matress that has been the dog’s bed.... 36 x 75 is a legitimate size matress.. for semitrailers !! so to find a new one, I need to go to a truck stop??? Amazon does carry—but bu ying a matress is not all that easy----getting rid of the old one is now $75 at the dum p.

 

yesterday’s  travel may left me parked in front of a store that sells rugs and I had a flashback of being in that store buying rugs or some floor covering device it took me a while to remember but.... It was the start of the SHATUPON society—

 

Some of you have been around long enough to remember the start of that fundraising episode-- but here goes –

Way back when my children were in college and I was earning college tuition with my famous corporation of animal episodes and one of the things animal episodes did a lot of was to provide a nice clean shampooed cow for what was called cow bingo uh where they made lines on the football field and sold squares for considerable money and I would walk a cow around until it finally moved its bowels on any particular square. Janine did a lot of the cow bingo jobs sometimes in the hot sun but her tuition got paid at any rate.. By the time she had graduated I decided that for my own fundraising scaling down would be definitely in order And chickens became the animal of choice. When I started that fundraiser I thought I needed to have tickets and sell tickets and if you think I'm screwed up now you should see me trying to keep track of rolls of tickets which had duplicates they needed duplicates and who kept track of what number. So very quickly jeanine got the idea of doing the whole thing online and she knew a guy who could write the program, at this point online was still very strange to me and I thought she was crazy but she pursued and I ended up running the whole thing online as it is. Back at the beginning we had   Vinyl flooring and I had an awful time trying to find flooring that had the right size square to fit in my 8 by 10. -At the start that meant we had the number each square randomly and make sure everything came out the right number of squares---Which at the start was about 2000 I thin-k

this meant that every month we'd unroll that piece of flooring and put in the number at random--So to be sure every number got on there I eventually computerized.  sheets of paper uh 3/4 inch with little round stickie... Finding enough warm space in the winter time to unroll that cumbersome 8 by 10 piece of flooring what was the problem so we shrunk it down the table size MMM MMM About a year after goldie's farm became a separate entity which has worked much better To shrink further we even produced a piece of plywood with the numbers printed on it at random I don't necessarily approve of that but that's the way it's now done those numbers aren't put on there in random fashion but to not Crawl around on your hands and knees with a sticky and not sticky problem it was not nearly as much fun now we simply have to get out the board and the chickens and set her to work and wait- I have spent many hours crawling around pick eagle off those three quarter circles so it somehow to me seems it's oversimplified.. We used to have a lot of fun as a group picking stickies however time does move on and this shat upon society is still our major source of Support.. Personally I think that hour shat upon society gives you more value for your donated dollar with this business entertaining people in nursing homes and daycare centers. With our variety of animals and careful scheduling we give a lot of people a lot of smiles by going to three or four places every week.

 

This will be slightly dangerous in the fact that I have not proofread this thing and I'm just going to ship it out Oh dear



No comments:

Post a Comment